Pinterest stole my hubby’s heart. I was pinning away while we were watching tv on the couch and he looks over and says “Ohh what is that?” I opened up the pin of No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake and he practically drooled over my shoulder. *Mental note: make this dessert for hubs*
Well 4th of July is around the corner, literally, and hubs was on shift tonight so I picked up the items on my way home from work. Figured I’d make a small batch so we can test it first since we aren’t big sweets people. It was so simple!
1 Box of Honey Maid Graham Crackers
1 tub of Cool Whip (insert Stewie [Family Guy] clip saying “cool wHip” while giggling and layering.)
1 lb of Strawberries (lucked out finding organic AND made in the USA ones!!)
1 box of Blueberries (got Texas grown but not organic. close enough.)
1. Layer graham crackers on bottom of pan.
2. Liberally apply Cool Whip over crackers
3. Cut tops off of strawberries and slice.
4. Layer strawberries & blueberries onto cool whip.
5. Graham crackers next, continue layering.
6. End with fruit showing. I did mine as the American flag for 4th of July.
*Don’t mind the hole in the top left corner. I used a a loaf pan since I didn’t wanna make too much and the crackers wouldn’t fit squarely into the pan. BUT if it was in a 9×13 like the original blogger did then it would come out a beautiful Flag. I’m pretty damn proud of myself for this.